Bee TV 7
OFFICE OF THE CIVIL DEFENSE SUPPORTS THE IMPLEMENTATION OF GRANULAR LOCKDOWN IN BUTUAN CITY
BUTUAN CITY – The members of Regional Inter-Agency Task Force are in agreement to be serious in implementing the granular lockdown in Butuan City to prevent the increasing number of positive cases, particularly the local transmission cases of COVID-19. This was confirmed by Liza Mazo, Regional Director of the Office of the Civil Defense during a meeting conducted on September 10, Thursday.
RD Mazo clarified that in contrary to the previous enforcement of strict community quarantine in several barangays, only a specific area will only be isolated in the granular lockdown as part of the zoning containment strategy.
“So diha limited ang movement so kay limited , by the end of this 14 days mo decrease ang kaso proven na sya sa mga gipanghimo na quarantine sa cebu city, or kadtong nag strikto sa lockdown nibaba karon ilang case so, hopefully ang butuan city mao pud unta ma achieve nato after aning atong lockdown mobaba ang cases sa transmission,“ said RD Mazo.
(The movements are limited. And because of that, by the end of 14 days, there will be a decrease in the number of cases. It is also has a proven result as implemented in Cebu City or those areas where strict lockdown resulted in a plummeting number of positive cases. Hopefully, Butuan City will also achieve it after the lockdown.)
Local transmission cases in the city started on July 25. DOH Caraga Epidemiologist and Assistant Regional Director Gerna Manatad confirmed the highest number of cases recorded was in the last week of August.
ARD Manatad further said DOH is focusing on barangays with high local transmission cases such as Brgy. Ambago, Libertad, Villa Kananga, Holy Redeemer, Limaha, San Vicente, Fort Poyohon, and Brgy. Ong Yiu.